Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

To Blog or Not To Blog?

What The Heck Do you Need A Blog For?

If you had asked me a few weeks ago what a blog was, I would have vaguely retorted that it was a little room, located in most modern houses, which one uses for ablution purposes!

When I first embarked on the very interesting journey of learning the art of marketing online, at every turn people were going on about blog this and blog that. Believe me I was confused. I could not fathom why everyone had toilets on their brain. For an instance I thought the whole online marketing malarkey was a load of old... well Blog!

As soon as I got myself involved in a mentoring group, the one trillion - tiny piece jig-saw puzzle, slowly began to unravel. I was even shown how to set up my own BLOG... within a few hours!! Then - a whole heap of other nuances came to the fore - I mean I always thought a "widget" was something that went on top of a thingymagig in whatsit in a car engine!! HA and lets face it a "plugin" was easy. When I want to blow-dry my hair, the drier wont work unless the plugsin??!!

A Blog is actually defined in the Dictionary as "read, write or edit "online" journal."

It is therefore a very public extension of your personality. A blog is used by many sectors of the populace for pretty much any topic you can think of. In the marketing arena, it is THE place to showcase what you can offer the community.

A blog gets ranked and therefore if you put in the time and effort into your blog, you will reap the rewards. You will enjoy the benefits of increased traffic and visitors to your site, which will ultimately help you build your lists. When you gain a "name" for being consistently ranked on Google, you will begin to earn an "expert" status. Google loves genuine, fresh content, so it is really worth it's weight in gold to establish an awesome blog!

When you have enticed your visitors to your blog, you want to offer them something more than just a glimpse into what you had for breakfast or what Aunt Maud did when she came for tea... yawn!

You want your blog visitors to arrive in their droves to your cosy little space and they should want to stay there and really enjoy the atmosphere. They must love what they see and be entertained by what they read. You want to entice them to come back time and time again. If you can host a Blog that doesn't resemble what I originally thought a blog was, you will sky rocket your results and earn your place as an expert in your chosen field.

Quality of your Blog content is imperative! You can either raise yourself up miles ahead of the crowd by being consistent and original, or you can write with a blog that only you and your Granny could be bothered to read!


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment