Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Bad News About Forex Automated Trading

fI’ve read a lot about how automated forex trading systems just don’t work in the long run but I can’t conclude this from personal experience. I’ve never seriously traded forex using automation. The following is an email from a trader who can conclude this from his experience. I found it totally worth sharing.
I came across your blog this afternoon whilst casually surfing the various forums in lieu of watching rubbish on TV.
I find your search for trading success an interesting one as in many respects it mirrors my own experience in many ways.
I spent well over two years, pretty much full time, searching for automated solutions to trading, having been in the process automation business for 25 years. To summarise, I have concluded it is a futile exercise with the technologies currently open to the average retail trader. I have yet to find any expert that is reliable enough to be left trading on its own and have pretty much concluded that most are really curve fitting solutions. I have seen no strategies posted anywhere that are consistent or reliable and capable of being automated without significant risk. I see some that pertain to be profitable (Artemis would be an example) but it needs constant adjustment and tuning which makes it akin to semi automation, not full automation.
However, there are manual strategies that are available that are profitable; they just do not lend themselves to automation due to the ability of the human braoin to make decisons based on proce movement that are pretty much impossible for any expert to make. So I abandoned my search for full automation solutions a year ago and concluded semi – automation was probably the right route. I trade manually today, with a few automated aids.
Linked with that, money management and certainly trading psychology are massive keys to success, the first to ensure you are alive to trade tomorrow and the latter because it takes time to get your mental state right to be able to trade at all, and that is what takes the time Rich. Sure, you need to understand the basics of trading, but without the right mental state, you’ll never be consistently profitable.
Your target of 50% per annum is achievable so keep up your search.
chicago personal injury lawyer chicago personal injury attorney lasik new york city lasik new york city  new york personal injury lawyer  new jersey car insurance new york personal injury attorney chicago personal injury lawyers
mesothelioma lawyers atlanta personal injury lawyer new york personal injury lawyers

0 comments:

Post a Comment